Maintain Good Oral Health with Preventative Dentistry
Are you looking for some guidelines about preventive care to maintain good dental health? Our Glenwood Dental Care clinic can help. Schedule a dental exam today and avoid costly treatments later on – our specialists can help you maintain a healthy mouth with good preventive health practices in our Glenwood clinic in Edmonton, Alberta.
We’re here to help you and your family with:
- Oral exams of dental implants, teeth, and gums
- Dental cleanings
- Screenings for oral cancer
- Providing advice to prevent decay, avoid cavities and tooth loss, bad breath, proper brushing
- Pediatric dentistry including infant check-ups and treatment
- Other dental problems.
Our Preventive Dentistry Services
Our dentists are here to help with preventive dentistry services – from children’s first visits to advice about oral health and gum disease treatment. No matter what, we are here to help you take proper care of your teeth and gums!
Our most important preventive dentistry services are:
Regular checkups, which include a detailed oral exam. The routine checkup shows the early signs of many dental and other health issues. Scheduling the appointments often prevents your problems from becoming severe and keeps your teeth strong. At the very least, every dentist recommends visits at least once a year.
Dental Hygiene Treatment includes detailed cleaning of your teeth gums and mouth. Our Hygienists typically take their time to individually eliminate plaque and tartar around your gum line, as well as in between your teeth.
X-rays, keep in mind that X-rays are also considered preventive. This type of screening can show whether you have gum issues or if there is a need for a root canal or if you’ve had any prolonged negative changes to your oral health.
For children, your chosen dentist can do so much more. The dentist can help your child develop good dental habits and determine if your child might have a health condition based on the state of their teeth and gums. Also, our dentist can refer your family to an orthodontist if your child has crooked teeth or needs a mouthguard.
We advise parents with children as young as two years of age to take their child to the dentist for a first visit. An X-ray can determine that everything is developing as it should, and it only takes a couple of minutes!
Preventative Dentistry: Tips & Tricks
How to Prevent Tooth Decay At Home
Your chosen dentist at Glenwood Dental Care can help you achieve good dental hygiene and a healthy smile during your dental visit. However, healthier teeth start with you doing proper dental care at home and having good oral hygiene.
Optimal oral hygiene can reduce the risk of gum disease, gingivitis, enamel loss, periodontitis, enamel wear, and root canals in the future. For excellent dental health care, you will need to:
- Brush your teeth daily in the morning and evening at the very least. Ask your Glenwood dentist to recommend a good brush for daily brushing to remove plaque.
- Floss regularly to avoid bad breath and other dental problems.
- Rinse with mouthwash to remove bacteria and maintain healthy gums.
- Avoid eating acidic foods, as they can damage the tooth surface – stick to a balanced diet to avoid getting health issues.
- Limit sugary foods and hard foods which can chip teeth.
- Use a mouthguard when playing certain sports to keep your teeth and gums safe.
- Consider getting a night mouth guard if you sometimes grind your teeth at night – poor oral hygiene can damage teeth, but so can teeth grinding.
Most importantly, schedule your preventive dentistry appointments at regular intervals determined by your dentist at Glenwood Dental Care.
Get Preventive Dentistry Treatment from Experienced Dentists
At Glenwood Dental Care, our team of dental professionals specializes in preventive treatment and care. We want to do everything in our power to help our patients maintain their beautiful smiles and overall health for years to come.
If you are looking for help with preventative dentistry needs, or you’re simply looking for a new dentist, don’t hesitate to contact us today at our office in Edmonton and set an appointment today! Don’t wait to improve your dental care or get help for dental emergencies – we are currently accepting new patients!
Complimentary Teeth Whitening or Electric Toothbrush
with a new patient exam and hygiene.